Thursday, March 21, 2013

Make & Listen Along


~ On Thursdays I will post what I have been making and listening to as creations grow. 
If so inclined post, on your blog or flickr, about what you have been making (on your own or with little hands by your side) and listening to while you create. It can be new music, flash backs, a song or a whole album... whatever you like. You can be stitching with needle & thread, yarn, paper crafting, painting, cooking... and beyond. Share what you are making and the tunes that are fueling your creativity. Then come back to my Thursday Make & Listen Along post and leave a link in the comments so we can be inspired right along with you! ~





This week there has been lots of sewing going on... but I can't share just yet. I promise when I do, next week, it will be great fun! Don't you just love those fabrics? Modern, vintage, batik, linen... a little bit of it all.

As I cut, ironed, and helped the machine punch needle & thread through that fun mix of fabric, I did so to the sounds of Nora, Nancy, The Lumineers and some not so little six year-old feet pacing back and forth in the studio.

This pacing is a sound I hear often and is always accompanied by the voice of a very intense game maker telling me all the details of his latest creation. I also get asked lots, and lots, and lots of questions about whether I would like to have, say...  a three-headed dog, a fire demon, or a ice crusher spell when I play said game of the moment. All of this followed by my pressing need to take a break from all this sewing and asking if we could play his game. Which is always met with a resounding YES!


Those are my blue peasants, ice archers, foot solders getting nuked by fire bombardment from his three headed demon dog. My brown griffin is struggling over there with only one life point left. Not looking good for mom!

After my demise, it seems the dice always role in his favor, and all was quite, I also listened to these great podcasts from the BBC.

What have you been making?
What is on your play list?
Please do share!

21 comments:

  1. i'm joining today, thanks for the linkup! happy make and listen along :))
    http://www.artsyants.com/2013/03/make-and-listen-along.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sylvia! The balloon you guys are making looks like it is going to be great fun!

      Delete
  2. oooh, and i'm looking forward to seeing what your secret sewing project is all about ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all of the fabrics! and i have made and listened all week but had no time to download pics. next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking of asking for a sewing machine for my birthday. Any thoughts on where to start figuring out what kind to get? All your projects look great, whatever they are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb!
      I will shoot you an email after I talk to my mom today!

      Delete
  5. Mind if I join in? I'm knitting, reading, making and listening - busy week!

    http://musingsandbemusings.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/knitting-reading-making-listening.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great makings you have going on there! Good luck with the crochet too! I have learned but by no means mastered that fun art!
      Thanks for playing along!

      Delete
  6. So so curious! I love hearing about your sons creations. My husband would probably to play his game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon!
      He would love to have someone else play along. I was just in his room listening to his plans for game pieces!

      Delete
  7. My boys went through a board-game-making period too. My oldest's were always very thorough. My younger son's games were completely random. Rules changed at a whim. :-) I wonder if the youngest will go through a similar phase?

    Here is my post! I remembered to join in, yay! http://salamanderdreams.blogspot.com/2013/03/making-and-listening-and-thinking-and.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is in the change the rules phase but betting better as I have learned to ask lots of questions BEFORE we start playing ;-)
      Thanks for playing along Amy!

      Delete
  8. I just posted! I had missed your post last week. I think this will be a lovely weekly sharing post. Thanks for the invite!

    http://lifeonacanadianisland.blogspot.ca/2013/03/make-listen-along-scrappy-trip-along.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the quilt you are working on Alex! Thanks for sharing and joining in!

      Delete
  9. I love the fabrics you're using. And that game sounds awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda is going to help me share my creations next week ;-)
      He loves his games. I will tell him you think is sounds awesome. He will love that!

      Delete
  10. Love the fabrics, can't wait to see what you are up to with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Invite people and Make New Friends. Share your Thoughts & Moments, Chat, Listen Music and Play Games. Find any Business, Follow the Shop and Enjoy a New Shopping Experience. Offers, Discounts and Earn Rewards and Much more.

    ReplyDelete