This weekend has been quiet in lots of good ways...
Friday night sunset and moonrise was calm, yet colorful.
One of my very favorite times of day is when the sun peeks up over the mesa; I have been making a point to stop and take notice. Only two more months of this view so I am going to soak it in... (Sorry ahead of time if you get tired of seeing photos of the mesa outback... it will be short lived.)
Some time was spent with tea and stitches yesterday. It was nice to sit down at the sewing machine stitching a bit here and there between other things. By the time dinner was on the table I had completed my little project. I will share more about it Thursday for the Make and Listen Along post.
Some of those other things I was doing between sewing:
- Making jerky with this recipe. This was the first time ever homemade jerky actually worked and tasted yummy. Thumbs up from the whole family.
I will add that I am having a big crush on this blog lately. I don't necessarily like the name (not keen on names with "stupid," "idiot," or "dummy" in the title) but she has great recipes!
- Lovin' that Steve shared these photos on twitter and agreed to let me share on Mud Puddles. So cool! Thanks, Steve!
- Chatting with Tam about Socktopus and Doodle Stitching. Both fun books! (And there are two other Doodle Stitching books that my library does not have... hum... must resist ordering!)
- Picking up Wheat Belly 30-Minute (or less) Cookbook at the library. Excited to see about some new (quick) recipes as I look though it today.
- Also spent some time with the last issue of Kindred, with all of it's amazing words and beautiful photography. The upcoming issue is available for pre-order and is going to ship soon... check it out! (A list of contributors can be found here; I am super excited to be one of them.)
It was really windy, and almost reached dust storm status yesterday, so hiking was not too inviting. We are hoping to get out today.
Wishing you all a great Sunday!
* weekending with Amanda*
P.S. Today is the last day to enter to win the 2014 Moon Calendar I am giving away.